Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lines in environment with emotions

For my photos I was asked to give them a personality and associate them with the emotions we feel as humans. Heres what I came up with:
For this photo I see the pipes as veins or intestines or something that runs throughout our body to help us function. Pipes help run water or waste throughout buildings as our pipes do for us. The lines are obligated to help this building run and work properly. Is obligation an emotion???..haha

In this photo I get an emotion of rivalry. I feel as though each little curve is an individual lining up next to the other competing against each other, trying to be the curviest line in the photo. 

 


For this photo I have chosen the word longing. It reminds me of someone or something who is reaching out to someone else. It gives the emotions of having up and down days needing someone to keep you going through the day. 

This photo I get an emotion of grief or loneliness. For some reason it reminds me of how you would feel if attending a funeral. The two lines are straight forward trying to stand proud and strong, but the background gives an eerie feeling of doubt or hopelessness. I could be totally off here but thats what I got.

For this photo I get an emotion of shyness from the little tree in the middle. It reminds me of a quiet, shy, little, person hiding behind others. 

In this photo I picture each little block or square as a unit. It almost looks like a little town or community that has accepted living next to each other. So for this photo I have chosen the word acceptance

No comments: