Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Visual Inspiration from Jazz artists

This is visual images I grabbed online while listening to Gretchen Parlato's music. Her music is very girly and sensual. It gives you a feeling of love and carefree. She seems to be a very optimistic person. I also created an emotions list while listening to her music:

bubbly
sensual
welcoming
warm
soft
deep
dreamy


These posters hold they type of colors I may want to incorporate into my design. So far they have given me a lot of inspiration on coming up with a concept for my own poster. 



This was my visual images grabbed while listening to Edward Simon's music. It reminds me of a night out on the town. I picture a warm, street filled scene of people gossiping, drinking and just enjoying the night life. Here is the list of emotions I felt while listening to his music:

Mystery
Night life
Suspense
dancing
passion
drama


1 comment:

jamie said...

These are good exercises. Now, I want you to do one more now.

So far you researched the musicians independently, whereas they will perform together.

Therefore, create an emotions list and inspiration board, just like you did already, but this time give me your point of view on what happens when Edward and Gretchen perform together.