Friday, August 27, 2010

Pin-Up




This is a photo that I actually own and was passed down in the family... SUPER cool :)


There is just something about the artwork of the pinup girl that amazes me. I really wish I could have lived back in time where showing a leg was considered scandalous. The way women were used to promote ideas and show power really gets my mind rolling and wanting to learn more. Pin up girls were placed on calendars, hung in boys lockers, were inspiration to the men fighting in the war, and even graced the noses of planes that fought in battle. To me the artwork is such a powerful statement of America's history. This is why I have decided to brand an educational exhibit to show the history and importance of the pin-up girl. Hopefully I will be able to learn more and possibly let someone else share my deep interest in this subject.


No comments: