Monday, February 23, 2009

Here are some type layouts for weather. I decided to go with all hand made layouts, photographed, then put in layers in photoshop. 

For wind I threw cut words on the copier as it was printing, arranged some by hand then layered them over the background word wind.
For Night I took a needle and punched holes around the typeface then lit a candle and placed it behind the paper and took a photo. With a slow shutter speed the light was captured through the holes and gave it a nice effect of twinkling stars maybe?
For dusk I let a small amount of candle light hit the work and with a slow shutter speed it creates this look. I wanted to capture the feeling of last gleam of light that occurs at dusk. I did the same for the fireflies and layered them in photoshop.
For fog I took a photo of the word out of focus to create a blurred look. I did the same for  the descriptive words in the background then layered them in photoshop.

No comments: